New Sermon Series: The Clothing of the King
Beginning November 26th
Angel Tree Gifts due This Sunday
Updated Nov. 30, 2023
Thank you for joining us in providing a Merry Christmas for an Angel Tree child!
Please return wrapped gifts to the boxes at the church no later than this Sunday, December 3rd.
Monetary donations can be made via check or Church Center. When writing a check, please write "Angel Tree" in the memo line.
For over 23 years, Our Savior’s Way has sponsored Angel Tree, a ministry of Prison Fellowship. This program provides us the opportunity to share the good news of Christmas with the children of prisoners. In many ways, these children are victims too. They have lost a parent, a provider, and, in some cases, their self-esteem. They often live with grandparents, aunts, or uncles who provide a home despite having few resources themselves. Angel Tree not only provides gifts to children in the name of their imprisoned parent, but more importantly, we are able to send the message of Christ’s love through age-appropriate Christian material. We hope that you will take the time to put an extra child on your Christmas list this year.
Christmas Greetings for our Missionaries
Posted Nov. 28, 2023
Missionaries, like pastors and other church workers, are very special people who have answered Jesus' direct call to enter the mission field and spread His Good News. Our Savior's Way is fortunate to support several missionaries who are serving both here in US and abroad. The mission team invites the congregation to write Christmas cards to these missionaries to encourage them in their ministries.
Once written, you may drop your cards in the Church Office mailbox in the copy room. We will address and send the cards out.
- Jacob and Lauren Fraher: OSW members and missionaries to Kenya (FaithAid)
- Dr. Franco and Katia Jean Louis: missionaries to Haiti and the Dominican Republic (Go-Haiti)
- Yvette Moy: missionary focused on bringing Jesus to Muslims in Northern Virginia (Salaam Isa)
- Pastor James Wilkins: Intercity Missionary (Richmond, VA)
- Lamount Potter: Youth and Intercity Social Services (Crisfield, MD)
- Derek and Mimi Ells: Missionaries to Guatemala
Please get your card in as soon as possible in order for it to be delivered in time! Contact
Confirmation Mentors Needed
We are looking for 1 female mentor and at least 3 male mentors to help guide our 7th graders through their confirmation journey.
- Mentors will be invited to participate in classes two times throughout the year and attend Confirmation Sunday in October of the student’s 9th-grade year.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Praying for the student daily
- Sending cards for Birthday and Christmas
- Coordinate with the student and their parent(s) the best form of regular communication (texting, email, phone call?) for life updates and what to pray about.
- A typical weekly time commitment is no more than 30 minutes. Also, try to meet with the student at least 2x per year outside of church. It could be meeting them for ice cream, attending a sports event, school play, band concert, etc. Showing them you care about them and their passions is so important. Feel free to come up with your own ideas too!
- Never meet alone with a student and plan one-on-one meetings in a public location. Others should always know who you are meeting with, when, and where.
Those who are interested should reach out to
Organ Fund Update
Updated Nov. 29, 2023
Contributions received for the Organ Fund through Nov. 29 total $33,215. Thanks to all who have donated to the Organ Fund.
Our current organ was perfect for our congregation when we moved into our first worship space 24 years ago. We have since moved into a larger sanctuary, and organ technology has also changed dramatically in the past 25 years. It's time for an upgrade.
Our organ selection committee has chosen the Rodgers Model 351D as the best candidate for our sanctuary.
You may donate either by using Realm and selecting "Organ Fund" in the drop-down, or by noting "Organ Fund" on your check.
Open the Door of Your Heart
Updated Nov. 30, 2023
It’s almost December and preparations for Christmas are underway. Unfortunately, for some, this is a period of great stress, inadequate sleep, and too much busyness. Is this what Advent is all about? Jesus said, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20). What a pleasant request! Shut the door of the world. Open the door of your heart. Let the King of Glory come in! He is the one we honor and proclaim! He is the one due our allegiance and our service. Enjoy fellowship with Jesus!
Prayer: Lord, thank you for sending your Son to show me how much you love me. Help me to respond faithfully to your love. Help me to minimize the distractions during my Christmas preparations so that I can focus on you. In your name precious name I pray. Amen.